Tuesday, August 26, 2008

004

First a couple updates. I got a job. I'm very excited about it. I have a new nephew. His name is Isaac, and Leanne, Isaac's mom, is my hero. He was born last Sunday. This is a happy time.

Still home in California with the folks. Last night, I found an historical nugget in a box stored in the closet of my old bedroom. I saw it from a distance: this fabric, floral covered journal. My journal. From 1984. Reading the mind of Mary at age 10 is unbelievably comical, tragic, and explains indeed so very much. Ohhh, the drama. It's pretty good, but not as good as my journal from 1990. Freshman year. I found that and read some to Laura. We were particularly moved by the line: "My life is like a carousel spinning out of control! Who will slow me down?!"

I love old journals. I should probably archive my blog entries.

5 comments:

Tania said...

Hooray!! Where, pray tell, are you working?

Much love headed your way! Let's get together when you return to Utah!

Anonymous said...

I love your 10 year old mind. Hey I don't remember that part of the weekend-- you reading that gem to me. Do I have alzheimers? I like your new blog in honor of your new life. Go get 'em tiger. Also, I had a great time with you this weekend! -- laura

Mary said...

Lor - no alzheimer's. I found the journal from freshman year on a previous visit. Maybe a year ago.

Amanda and McKay said...

oh my gosh that is so funny because I feel like my life is a carousel spinning out of control!
Sisters!!

Grandy said...

Isn't it funny how things seemed SO IMPORTANT then?