Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Life with Scott - Entry 01

Scott and I have never made one of those "five famous people" lists. I'm not sure what the name actually is. You know, the sanctioned five celebrities you're allowed to cheat on your partner with list? He and I discussed this recently, around the time Kate Middleton gave birth.

Me: Did you hear she didn't use any pain medication? She practiced hypnobirthing.

Him: I like her. She is so cool.*

Me: I know! I do, too.

Him: In fact, if I were to have a 'five people' list...

Me: No, I get it. Totally.

Him: Except...I don't want it to be my 'five people I get to sleep with' list.

Me: Okay.

Him: I want it to be my 'five people I get to hang out with list.' Or maybe even 'five people I get to go on a date with' list.

Me: Okay.

Him: Like, 'Princess, you're really great and all, and I'd love to do some windsurfing, maybe kick a soccer ball around. But, you know, let's keep it above the waist, 'cause we're married to other people, and that's not cool.'

Me: Very sweet, dear.

*While Scott and I both are deeply impressed at Princess Kate's choice to have a natural birth, we also think people who choose to have babies with the help of pain medication are equally as rad. In fact, if you've had a baby in any way, shape, or form, you're in the rad club.

0 comments: