Wednesday, September 17, 2008

014

Here's a first. I'm sitting in a restaurant this evening, waiting to rendez-vous with my friend Carri. "I'm ten minutes away," she calls to say. "Stay near your phone I'll call you back soon." "You got it!" I reply, then hang up. I then proceed to pack up everything in my bag and exit the restaurant, leaving my cell phone on the table. I seem to have a subconscious aversion to instruction compliance. When Carri called back, I told her what I did. "Okay, Mary. I'll meet you in front of The Gap. Throw your phone into a garbage can, I'll be there soon." It worked. I kept my phone close. Carri should have been a shrink.

3 comments:

Grandy said...

You rebel!! I can think of a few instructors who might have rolled their eyes to your "aversion to instructions". ;)

Heather said...

Amusing? So, a third date yet?? I'm living the exciting life of a single vicariously. I'm counting on a fix from you!! :)

Heather said...

Ok, I didn't mean to say "amusing?" I meant to say "Amusing!!" Very different message.