Wednesday, September 24, 2008

015

Here’s one. It happened this morning on my way to work. I call it - His First Day.

The doors opened up at the Trolley station where a young couple was waiting. The husband wearing a new looking suit with pinstripes, and the wife, in a coat over her sweats, hair a little disheveled, each had one hand on a stroller holding a tightly-swaddled baby. Husband shouldered his leather bag and kissed her quickly, looked into her eyes to say something soft, something only for her. She smiled, they broke off, and he boarded the train. He took a seat by the window facing the station, and didn’t stop gazing at his wife and baby. I looked out the window to look at them too. His wife, gazing back at him, was absolutely radiant, and she beamed at him with so much pride and love. As the train started to pull away her lips mouthed a simple “love you.” And off we went. Husband opened up his Tribune. I went back to my iPod. But that was a great way to start a Wednesday.

5 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Lovely imagery. I'm so glad to have found you again!

Heather said...

And to think, I was waiting for the synical remark at the end - shame on me!!

Heather said...

CURSES!!!! I should not do this late at night after a long day with the kids. I meant cynical, not synical (I really do know that). For the record, I actually appreciate your comment. It made me wonder if I would have beamed at Ben. I mean, I love him, but "beamed"? I hope I would.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm that was a touching description....well it made your Wednesday fine and after reading this post i am too feeling good.Thanks for sharing.

Amanda and McKay said...

Dude. Blog.